Dear EASTERN Families,
We look forward to welcoming our new and returning students to Eastern Center for Arts and Technology on September 9, 2021. We are dedicated to helping our students clarify and achieve their career goals. Last year, we launched the school year in a 100% virtual model then transitioned to various hybrid models. This year we will offer 100% in-person instruction and maintain the recommended safety protocols. We will not be offering a virtual model for students. We will open our school for in-person learning five days per week for all students. We will maintain the same sanitation protocols as last year, but our requirements for masking and social distancing will change as conditions change. When EASTERN makes these decisions, we look to our county Office of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control, and our districts to determine protocols for keeping our students safe. We will start the school year requiring everyone in the building to wear a mask and social distance at least three feet. As conditions change and our protocols change, we will communicate these changes to parents via our School Messenger email system and by posting updates on our website. You can access our Health and Safety Plan and current Safety Protocols on the main page of our website.
Safety Planning: We made extensive modifications to our building last year to increase safety in response to the pandemic. These include the following:
- Sanitizing Stations: Hands-free sanitation stations have been installed at every entrance and sanitizer is available in every classroom
- Restrooms: Converted to hands-free functionality (soap, water, towels, and flushing)
- Water fountains: Replaced to include filtered fill-stations
- HVAC System: Increased air flow and filtration and installation of bipolar ionization
- Nurse’s Suite: Moved to larger space to allow for social distancing and isolation room
Safety Protocols: We have safety protocols in place that adhere to CDC recommendations. These protocols will be monitored and strictly enforced. These include:
- Masks: Everyone must wear a mask while inside our building. Masks must be worn correctly, with complete coverage of the mouth and nose. All masks must have two or more layers of fabric and may not have exhalation valves. Students and staff will not be permitted to enter the building without a mask.
- Social Distancing: Students and staff must always maintain a minimum of 3 feet of social distancing.
- Water Fountains: Water fountain “bubblers” have been disabled, but students may refill a water bottle at the fill-station part of the water fountain. Four of these have been installed in our building.
- Cleaning/Disinfecting: High-touch areas will be cleaned multiple times throughout the day and classroom/lab areas will be disinfected after each session.
- Screening/COVID Reporting: Staff and students will be asked to self-screen before coming to EASTERN. Please keep symptomatic students at home. If your child tests positive for COVID or has been a close contact and is required to quarantine, please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transportation: Transportation to and from EASTERN is provided by the districts, but we do have parking for student drivers and a drop off point for parents to use when transporting their children to us. Please note that you should reach out to your high school for transportation questions about bus schedules and our parking for students is limited. Due to limitations in parking and an increase in enrollment, only Seniors may apply for a driving pass. You will be receiving an email from our Career and Technical Supervisor, Mr. Gerry Rooney, with more information. Students must arrive or be dropped off for the AM session between 7:30 and 7:45. Students will not be able to enter the building until 7:30. Students must arrive or be dropped off for the PM session between 11:45 and 12:00. Students will not be able to enter the building until 11:45.
EASTERN Administrative Team: We have three administrators at EASTERN, including myself. You should have already received communication from our Assistant Director, Mr. Joe Greb, about uniform purchases and SkillsUSA. Below is a list of our administrators, their contact information, and areas of responsibility. Please feel free to contact us. We love to hear from our parents.
Mr. Gerry Rooney, Career and Technical Supervisor, email@example.com
- Registration, class changes, attendance questions, parking passes
Mr. Joe Greb, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniforms and supplies, industry certifications, curriculum, and instruction
Dr. Cathleen Plesnarski, Executive Director, email@example.com
- General feedback or suggestions, pandemic safety protocols
Cathleen Plesnarski, Ed.D.