Posted Dec 3, 2020
Dear EASTERN Family,
I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday. Our staff is eager to get our students back in our building for in-person learning, starting Monday December 7th. We are pleased to report that our districts have all agreed to support student participation in hybrid learning at EASTERN. Please see below for important information:
We will resume our hybrid model and students will follow the same schedule that was in place before the mandatory two-week transition to virtual learning. Please note that even if your district is still operating in a virtual model, transportation for EASTERN students is still being provided and students may attend EASTERN.
Transportation is provided by the districts. Please email your high school for information.
Students who travel out-of-state cannot return to EASTERN until they have a negative COVID-19 test result or quarantine for 14 days. Please visit the health.pa.gov webpage for more information: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx
Students may choose to learn virtually at any time, but once the choice is made, they must stay in that model for the remainder of the marking period. Those students who opted to go virtual for the week leading up to Thanksgiving are expected to return to a hybrid model. If you would like to have your student remain in a virtual model, please contact email@example.com. If not, we expect to see your child next week.
Please report absences to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can verify the student’s absence is not COVID-19 related. For the safety of our school community, students cannot attend EASTERN until we have an excuse note and can verify the absence is not COVID-19 related. If your student is symptomatic and waiting for test results, tested positive, or quarantining due to a close contact with someone who tested positive, please email email@example.com.
Changes in Instructional Models:
EASTERN will remain open for in-person learning on a hybrid schedule. The only way we will revert back to virtual is if any of the following scenarios occur:
- 4-6 staff and students who were in our building test positive for COVID-19 over a 14-day period – in that case we will close for 3-7 days to disinfect and assist with contact tracing.
- 7 or more staff and students who were in our building test positive for COVID-19 over a 14-day period – in that case we will close for 2 weeks.
- Not enough districts send their students to enable at least 60% of our enrollment to participate in person.
- The State or County mandates schools to revert to virtual instruction.
- We are forced into a functional closure, meaning too many staff are out for quarantine or isolation where we are unable to open the school safely.
To date, we have no positive cases on our secondary side where a student or staff has tested positive and has been in our building during a phase where they were potentially contagious.
Together, we can keep our school community safe and our building open for in-person instruction. Thank you for your continued support.