Read here about the security requirements to enter our building.
At this time, due to COVID-19, all TEAS Testing is being done, remotely, from your home, until further notice.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, EASTERN is working with ATI, who has partnered with Proctorio, to securely proctor assessments, virtually. Proctorio is a remote-monitoring platform that uses artificial intelligence and facial-detection technology to safeguard testing processes. During your assessment, you will be monitored via webcam, microphone and screen share. The following technical requirements are needed in order to provide testing, remotely:
- Desktop or laptop computer only (no IPads, tablet or phones can be used)
- Webcam: 320×240 VGA resolution (minimum internal or external
- Microphone: Any microphone, either internal or external.
Please be sure you set yourself up for success by:
- Ensure you are using a fully charged laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone.
- Install Google Chrome on your desktop or laptop computer. You will not be able to take the proctored assessment with any other browser.
- Have a school or government-issued ID card available.
- A well-lit, quiet space to take the assessment.
If you have the technical requirements to test remotely from your home, please register for the TEAS test and we will send you the instructions to begin the process. Testing from home is a two part process. First, you must do a dry-run with ATI and Proctorio to be sure you have the technical requirements. Then, testing is 48 hours later.
If you are unable to test, virtually, do not register for the TEAS test. We will update our website to let you know when testing is available, at EASTERN.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me via email at email@example.com or you can call me at 215-784-4800 extension 451. Thank you.
About Pre-Entrance Testing
Please be aware there are deadline dates for the TEAS test, our pre-entrance test, along with the Application, for each class.
Passing the Pre-entrance Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required for all individuals who plan to apply to the Practical Nursing Program. The following information will assist you in scheduling a reservation:
Pre-entrance testing is scheduled on most Wednesdays at 9:30am and in the evening several times throughout the year at 5:00pm. Click here for upcoming test dates. The TEAS measures students’ knowledge in Reading, Math, Science and English and Language Usage. It is based upon the skills of a high school graduate.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS version 6.0) by Assessment Technologies, Inc.
At this time the minimum passing scores are as follows:
The minimum ATI Adjusted Individual Total Score must be 44.0% or greater.
A highly recommended Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Study Manual (6.0) and online practice assessment is available at http://www.atitesting.com. You may purchase the study guide ($35-exact change and cash only) at EASTERN’s Practical Nursing Department in person Monday-Friday from 9am to 3pm.
Also, TEAS version 6.0 free practice test is available here: http://www.testprepreview.com/teas_practice.htm
TEAS results from other institutions will be accepted if they were taken within three (3) months of candidates’ EASTERN inquiry and Science was included in your Individual Total Score.
Pre-Entrance Testing Requirements
- TEAS Administration Fee is $72.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- Basic Computer Skills and Email Address are required
- Click here to view upcoming test dates.
- To make a reservation On-Line, click this PN Testing Schedule link, select the date you want and click the Online Registration link. Click the Register button and follow the prompts to pay by credit card. If registering by Mail, send a $72.00 check/money order (NO CASH ACCEPTED) with the Pre-Entrance Test Registration Form to:
Eastern Center for Arts and Technology Practical Nursing
3075 Terwood Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
- Please reserve a testing date well in advance as testing dates fill up quickly, sometimes months before the testing date. We will assign you the next available test date unless you indicate a preferred test date on the registration form. You will receive a confirmation in the mail.
- A government issued photo ID must be presented at the time of the test.
- You may re-schedule your test date only once. You must call prior to your test to re-schedule. Failure to do so will result in another $72.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE) fee.
- An individual who receives a satisfactory score but wishes to re-test for a possible higher score may do so once prior to the Application Deadline. There is a $72.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE) fee to re-test.
- An individual who does not receive a satisfactory score may not take the test again for three (3) months. To be eligible to re-test sooner than 3 months, proof of a successfully completed remedial class must be presented to the Admissions Coordinator. Please call 215-784-4800, ext. 451 for more information. There is a $72.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE) fee to re-test.