Lorraine Praeger – Protective Services
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee, and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success, and service. This month Lorraine Praeger was selected. She is a senior at Abington Senior High School and is being honored for her work in EASTERN’s Protective Services program.
- Since many of her extracurricular activities and interests centered around various leadership and protective services organizations, she attended EASTERN’s Open House as a tenth grader, and found the Protective Services program to be a great fit for her career goals.
- Lorraine has been an active member of the Girl Scouts since October 2016.
- She has been a member of the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps since 2018, a national youth leadership development organization that promotes interest and skill in naval disciplines and leadership.
- She has been a member of the Abington Police Explorers since 2018.
- Outside of school, she is an aquatics instructor at the Willow Grove YMCA where she implements a variety of instructional programs such as water exercises and swim lessons.
- After graduation from Abington Senior High School and EASTERN’s Protective Services program, she plans to attend Montgomery County Community College while working as a security guard. She then plans to join the Police Academy and pursue a career as a Naval officer.
- Through the Protective Services program, Lorraine has earned National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) certification. NIMS guides all levels of government, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector to work together to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from incidents.
- At EASTERN’s Awards Night in June 2021, Lorraine received the Straight A Award.
- Lorraine is a recipient of the Girls Scouts Silver Award – the second highest award attainable in the organization.
- She was selected by her instructor as the 2021 – 2022 Officer in Charge/Lieutenant for the afternoon session.