Nicole Klaski – Commercial Art
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee, and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success, and service. This month Nicole (Nikki) Klaski was selected. She is a senior at Abington Senior High School and is being honored for her work in EASTERN’s Commercial Art program.
- Nikki comes from a long line of EASTERN graduates. Understanding the value of career and technical education, she knew that many of her interests were related to the commercial art industry. Inspired by her sister, Kelly, who is a graduate of Commercial Art, she decided to enroll.
- At Abington Senior High School, Nikki is active in many organizations, such as the Key Club, which encourages leadership by helping others, the Leo Club, which helps the community and local organizations, and she served as the Captain of Hospitality for Mini-Thon.
- She holds a part-time job as Brand Ambassador at American Eagle.
- She was selected by her Commercial Art instructor to represent the Commercial Art program for EASTERN’s virtual Career Expo visitation and Open House during the 2020 – 2021 school year.
- After graduating from EASTERN and Abington Senior High School, Nikki plans on attending a four-year college and majoring in Business or Architectural Design.
- At EASTERN, Nikki is an active member of SkillsUSA, EASTERN’s student leadership organization. She won the silver medal for Customer Service at the SkillsUSA National Competition in June 2021.
- At EASTERN’s Awards Night in May 2021, Nikki received the Straight A Award.
- At Abington Senior High School High School, Nikki is a member of the High Honors Society.
- Through the Commercial Art program, Nikki has attained her Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator certifications.