Owen Morrison – Automotive Technology
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service. This month Owen Morrison was selected. He is a senior at Upper Moreland High School and is being honored for his work in EASTERN’s Automotive Technology program.
- Owen’s father and brother work in the HVAC field, so from a young age, Owen knew he wanted to work in a hands-on skilled trade.
- Because of his interest in cars, he visited both Automotive Technology and Collision Repair Technology during the 10th Grade Career Expo visit to EASTERN through Upper Moreland High School.
- After graduation from Upper Moreland High School and EASTERN, Owen plans to participate in an 18-month training program at Infinity Faulkner and enjoy a successful career as an Auto Technician.
- “Owen understands the value of career and technical education,” said George Stahl, EASTERN’s Automotive Technology Instructor. “He has pride in his work and is enthusiastic about his future career goals.”
- Through EASTERN, Owen will shortly begin a paid internship at Infinity Faulkner in Willow Grove, where he will work several days a week during the time frame when he would typically be at EASTERN. His Automotive Technology Instructor, George Stahl, will work with his Infinity Faulkner Supervisor, Chris Bors, on grading his internship.
- Owen was also selected by his instructor to be the student representative from the Automotive technology Occupational Advisory Committee, a role in which he is encouraged to provide input on the program to enhance and improve curriculum.
- Industry-standard certifications that Owen has already earned through his EASTERN Automotive Technology program are the Safety and Pollution Prevention (S/P2), and several Valvoline certifications including Automotive Chemicals 101, Automotive Fluids 101, and Motor Oil 101.
- At Upper Moreland High School, the majority of Owen’s classes are honors-level.