Brianna Rios – Culinary Arts
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service. This month Brianna Rios was selected. She is a senior at Hatboro-Horsham High School and is being honored for her work in EASTERN’s Culinary Arts program.
- When she first heard about the program at EASTERN, Brianna was unsure if it would be the right fit for her, but since she had an interest in baking and pastry arts, she decided to attend the Open House and meet the Culinary Arts instructors. Now, Brianna has found her passion in the nutrition element of the Culinary Arts program.
- Although Brianna attends EASTERN virtually this year, she continues to impress her EASTERN Culinary Arts instructors with her skills and participation.
- After graduating, Brianna plans to attend Temple University for Public Health, and minor in Nutrition. Her goal is to work with teenagers educating them on the importance of nutrition and helping change their bad relationships with food into a healthy relationship.
- “Brianna is an exceptional student with a great deal of drive and ambition,” said Charlie Zachmann, EASTERN Culinary Arts Instructor. “Even in this challenging environment of online learning, she gives 100 percent effort and commitment. Her upbeat personality combined with her skills and work ethic will serve her well during her career.”
- In May 2020 at EASTERN’s virtual Awards Night, Brianna was awarded the Culinary Arts Institute at Montgomery County Community College Summer Camp Award. Although the camp was unable to run due to COVID-19 restrictions, Brianna was honored to be the junior selected for the program.
- At Hatboro-Horsham High School, she is on the Academic Honor Roll, participated in Cross Country, and was enrolled in the Hatters Helping Hatters program for assisting the Best of Baking class.
- Outside of school, Brianna owns a small Etsy business called Meraki Moonflower Fluid Art where she specializes in painting tote bags and jewelry.