Elvin Cruz – Collision Repair Technology
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service. This month Elvin Cruz was selected. He is a senior at Springfield Township High School and is being honored for his work in EASTERN’s Collision Repair Technology program.
- Elvin moved to Springfield Township in 2019 and was pleased to find that attending a career and technical program at EASTERN was an opportunity available to him. Prior to attending Springfield Township High School and EASTERN, Elvin attended W.B. Saul High School of Agricultural Sciences where he studied Horticulture and was a member of the National Student Vocational Agricultural Organization.
- Starting at EASTERN, Elvin chose the Automotive Technology program, but he quickly found that Collision Repair Technology merged his two greatest interest – cars and custom design painting.
- He works part-time at Arnold’s Family Fun Center where he operates rides and supervises children.
- “Elvin is extremely dedicated to education,” said Steve Parke, EASTERN’s Collision Repair Technology Instructor. “He pushes himself each day to be focused and helpful to others. I am very proud of him for being selected as the January Student of the Month, and I cannot wait to see where his postsecondary education and career take him.”
- After graduation from Springfield Township High School and EASTERN, he plans to attend Syracuse University majoring in Architecture. Ultimately, he would like to own his own company.
- At EASTERN, Elvin was chosen by his Collision Repair Technology Instructor, Mr. Steve Parke, to attend the Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) Fall Leadership conference both his junior and senior year.
- He is an active member of SkillsUSA, EASTERN’s Student Leadership program, and credits the program for teaching him valuable leadership skills.
- Elvin has participated in two teen ministry mission trips: Haiti and Mississippi.