William Klanderman – Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service. This month William Klanderman was selected. He is a senior at Lower Moreland High School and is being honored for his work in EASTERN’s Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning program.
- In tenth grade, he visited EASTERN on his high school visit, and chose to visit two programs that were of interest to him: HVAC, and Electrical Technology. He really enjoyed both programs but decided to pursue HVAC.
- William currently works part time at RNK Electric as an Electrician’s Assistant, where he learns the electrical trade, assists Electricians, and applies problem-solving skills he acquired from EASTERN’s HVAC program into job tasks.
- He plans to begin a paid co-op/internship in the HVAC field this Spring.
- At Lower Moreland High School, William has been a member of the baseball and golf teams.
- After graduation from Lower Moreland High School and EASTERN, he plans to continue his HVAC education at Penn College of Technology, and ultimately start his own HVAC business.
- At EASTERN, William was chosen by his HVAC Instructor, Brian Jacoby, to participate in the SkillsUSA Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) Virtual Fall Leadership Conference in November 2020, where he earned the SkillsUSA Framework Certification, and the Statesman Assessment Award.
- Through his HVAC program, he has earned several industry-standard certifications such as OSHA-10, and Ladder Safety certifications.
- At EASTERN’s Virtual Awards Night in May 2020, he received the Attendance Award.
- William also earned the rank of Eagle Scout. As someone who enjoys working with his hands, he decided that his Eagle Scout project would be to volunteer at Churchville Nature Center, where he cleared invasive brush and replanted pine trees. In addition to the cleanup work, he organized the project with Churchville Nature Center and put together a team of volunteers to complete the task.