Dear EASTERN Families,
As we prepare to welcome students into our building September 9, 2021 to begin our new school year, we are closely monitoring the level of community spread within our county and the subsequent guidelines and recommendations made by our county’s Department of Public Health. Click the link for a copy of our updated safety protocols effective today August 16, 2021: EASTERN Safety Protocols August 16 2021 This document is also posted on our website. Some of the changes include:
- Masks: No change, universal masking mandate indoors for all still in effect.
- Social Distancing Indoors: Clarification that staff must distance 6 feet between each other and between themselves and students. Students must distance a minimum of 3 feet between each other.
- Quarantine for Close Contact: The MCOPH does not require vaccinated staff and students who are asymptomatic to quarantine, but they must be tested in 3-5 days after exposure. Non-vaccinated staff and students must quarantine for 10 days after exposure but can return after 7 days with a negative PCR or antigen test on day 5 or thereafter.
Cathleen Plesnarski, Ed.D.
EASTERN Administrative Contacts:
Mr. Gerry Rooney, Career and Technical Supervisor, email@example.com
- Registration, class changes, attendance questions, parking passes
Mr. Joe Greb, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniforms and supplies, industry certifications, curriculum, and instruction
Dr. Cathleen Plesnarski, Executive Director, email@example.com
- General feedback or suggestions, pandemic safety protocols