Don’t be afraid to take whisks! Build your culinary skills and techniques at EASTERN so you can compete in this field. Students also have the potential to earn up to nine transferable college credits through a statewide articulation agreement with Montgomery County Community College. This two-year half-day program enables students to acquire a variety of skills including soup and sauce preparation, preparation of meat, fish and poultry entrees, baking, kitchen sanitation, purchasing and inventory controls. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for entry level employment as a prep cook, cook, or chef. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as food and beverage management, grocery and retail prepared foods, country club food services, cafeteria production and fast food franchise food production.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Art Institute of Philadelphia, Bucks County Community College, Culinary Institute of America, Indiana University of PA, Culinary Institute of America, Delaware Valley College, Johnson and Wales University, Millersville University, Montgomery County Community College, Penn State, Temple University, The Restaurant School, and Widener University.Culinary students continuing their education in this field may also qualify for advanced placement college credit at Pennsylvania College of Technology and articulation credit with Montgomery County Community College.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn ServSafe Food Handlers certification, which is an entry-level food safety training and certificate program administered by the National Restaurant Association; ServSafe Manager certification, which is required in a food services supervisory role; and S/P2 – Culinary, which is an online certification that teaches safety, sanitation, and career readiness skills.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $135 – $150
Meet Your Instructors
Culinary Arts and You
- Abington High School Alumni Association Award
- Alverthorpe Retired Citizens of Abington Towship Award
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Christopher Laroche Memorial Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Culinary Art Alumni Scholarship Fund Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Hatboro Rotary
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Kiwanis Club of Old York Road Scholarship Award
- Mary Kay Duff Memorial Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- Sandy Woerner Memorial Award
- Singer Foods Award
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Sloms Uniforms
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.